Keep up to date with news items in Kiltale National School
ANNUAL ADMISSION NOTICE
in respect of admissions to the 2021/2022 school year
Admission Policy and Application Form
A copy of the school’s Admission Policy and the Application Form for Admission for the 2021/22 School Year is available as follows: –
To download the application form click here
On request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or
Writing to the school office at the above address.
Application and Decision Dates for admission to 2021/22 school year
The following are the dates applicable for admission to Junior Infants
|The school will commence accepting applications for admission on||11th January 2021|
|The school shall cease accepting applications for admission on||12th February 2021|
|The date by which applicants will be notified of the decision on their application is||26th February 2021|
|The period within which applicants must confirm acceptance of an offer of admission is||12th March 2021|
Note: the school will consider and issue decisions on late applications in accordance with the school’s admission policy.
|The number of places being made available in junior infants for 2021/22 school year is||20|
Congratulations to all the children who took part in the Art Competition ran by our local Credit Union, Tara & District Credit Union.
With the theme being “Imagine More” the children put a lot of thought and imagination in to their pieces of art.
We were luckily enough to have winners in three categories:-
8 – 10 Years
11 – 13 years
Well done to everyone.
Today we held a Zoom Assembly where all families were invited to join.
During the assembly we saw the entries for the following competitions:-
- A piece of writing titled, ‘My Covid Lockdown Experience’, recounting your adventures, thoughts, feelings and reflections since the school closed.
- A song and/or a dance on something about your world. You can record yourself playing the song or doing the dance on your own or remotely with other students.
- ‘Junk Art Creature’ competition – We asked you to create a creature made from recycled or/and upcycled materials around the home, it could be imaginary or real, and we asked for a photo of the creature with its name and a brief biography e.g.: where it/he/she came from; what it eats; natural habitat; favourite activities; and common behaviours.
Everybody who took part is a winner and will be receiving a prize!
The Overall Winner is:- Caragh, Fiadh and Caitlin with ‘The Recylables Village’
The village has lots of families all living with the Corona Virus, teachers, shopkeepers, priests, and children. The girls had great fun making them and playing with them!
The whole school took part in this years Christmas Play Baboushka.
The whole school took part in our final fundraiser of this school year 2018/19.
As you can see everyone enjoyed taking part and had a great day.
Thank you for the wonderful support, we raised an amazing €1,095.50 which will be spent on games and resources for all classrooms.
Everyone made a great effort with the costumes. Here are the winners for the best costumes.
We were all delighted when the Kiltale Senior Hurling Team visited our school with the Cup after winning 5 in a row titles.
Today was Marie’s last day with the school after 15 years service.
All children took part in GREEN activities.
Congratulations to our team who took part in the event.
Here are our Medal winners –
- Long Jump Boys under 12 – 1st place James Kealy
- 100m Boys under 12 – 2nd place Luke O’Halloran
- Long Jump Girls under 12 – 2nd place Emma Sheridan
- Boys Medley Relay – 2nd place Thade McCarthy, Conor Kealy, Siji Osisanya and Alan Martyn
Well done to everyone who took part.
Catch up with the school events for March
Welcome to the new school website!