Our vision is that our children develop to their full potential, engaging with the world creatively, compassionately, and confidently.
We work with our pupils, parents and community to provide a caring, safe, happy and stimulating learning environment where each pupil is supported, nurtured and inspired in developing their gifts and talents.
Kiltale NS is a small, friendly, rural school set in the green fields of County Meath. We greatly value our strong relationship with parents, the parish and local community. In addition to covering our national curriculum, the children have many opportunities to take part in music, drama and a variety of sports. The well-being of each child in our school is our highest priority.
The children come from the locality and are enthusiastic, co-operative and active learners working together with the staff, in a spirit of inclusivity, diversity, mutual encouragement and respect.
Our experienced staff team is highly committed to achieving excellence in teaching and learning.
Our dedicated Board of Management, drawn from the local community, provides oversight and ensures adherence to our standards, principles and ethos.
If you would like to visit the school, please contact the school office, at 046-9025619.
– Colin McElroy, Principal
- Here at Kiltale National School we are a mixed girls and boys school covering ages from four up to thirteen years of age.
- The school is under the patronage of the Roman Catholic Church and all dominations are welcome.
Our aim is to promote the development of all aspects of each child’s intellectual, physical, cultural, social, moral and spiritual well being within a caring environment.
- A full range of physical activities is covered through the P.E. curriculum including swimming.
- The school participates in inter-school competitions in hurling/camogie, Gaelic football and soccer for boys and girls.
- We endeavour to host visiting coaches across all sporting codes.
- Pupils engage in the visual arts throughout the year including choirs, drama, and religious ceremonies, etc.
There are five teachers:
- Five Class Teachers, including our teaching Principal
- Support Teacher
Our five classes are assigned these year groups:
- Junior and Senior Infants
- First and Second Class
- Third and Fourth Class
- Fifth Class
- Sixth Class
Kiltale is a caring, friendly, rural school, fortunate to have:
- five spacious classrooms with interactive whiteboards
- a support room
- PE hall
- book rental scheme
- school bus service
- playground at the rear of the school
- a raised playing pitch
- extra playing space to the side of the school
- Active playtimes with a wide range of playground equipment including playground yard markings, basketball court, catering for all age cohorts.